115g Discus Show Tank

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
Recently swapped out my old 120g acrylic tank for this 115g glass tank. The old tank was nice but I have to say I am much happier with this tank and the discus seem to explore more in this tank as well.

Enjoy the photos and let me know your thoughts.

The old tank.

My new tank without inhabitants and with.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I like the presence of the rounded old tank but it gave such a distorted view and the new setup is gorgeous. Very nice! Curious what the clear tube is. In one pic it was standing like a breeding cone and some pics its laying down

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Beautiful! That water is crystal clear! Well done

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
I like the presence of the rounded old tank but it gave such a distorted view and the new setup is gorgeous. Very nice! Curious what the clear tube is. In one pic it was standing like a breeding cone and some pics its laying down
Thanks! Yeah that was my problem with the rounded. It could look good but it was a hassle to get there. The clear tube is for my black ghost knife fish. He isn't in the tank yet as I am letting the discus settle. I dropped it in and forgot to knock it over.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Great tank!

It looks better now IMO, simple yet elegant.
I love your discus as well, i'm getting some myself in a week or two!

Do you have any algae eaters, or how do you cope with algae?

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
Thanks so much. Looks better IMO as well. I wanted to go more simple this round. Clean and simple.

The tank is pretty much brand new so no algae issues yet. I usually just manage myself and don't worry too much about cleaners. I have a albino BN pleco but he is there more for looks than cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Ok, again great tank!

What varieties of discus do you have?
I'm not overly familiar with the color terms, is there 2 red pigeons in there?

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
Ok, again great tank!

What varieties of discus do you have?
I'm not overly familiar with the color terms, is there 2 red pigeons in there?
Yeah there is a variety and several mixes. There are 2 Snow Leopard X, 2 Eruptions, 2 Red Pigeons, a Red Melon and Yellow, 2 other mixed and then I have 5 Red Spotted Green Juvies I am growing out that will eventually go in to replace my stunted guys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store