jar aquariums and snails?

J

JoanALopez

So I currently have a seven-month old, standard ten gallon aquarium with danios and snails with the standard heater/filter/etc. I'm itching for something new, so I was thinking about making one of those jar aquariums that I've seen people post about... but I'm not quite sure where to start. This started with my interest in Marimo balls, and then I considered getting a jar set up with a snail or two. Any advice on how to make the perfect jar aquarium for a snail? Wouldn't I need to have some type of filtration? I have algae tablets, aquarium substrate, well-cycled water from my aquarium, etc. Advice?

TLDR: what are some alternative, small aquariums (like jar aquariums) that I could have with snails, and how do I go about making one?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I think he means an actual jar.

As for filtration, I am far from an expert on snails but I think if you just put some live plants in there, that's all the filtration you'll need. I've seen snails live an extremely long time and reproduce in completely stagnant water with no plants at all. Just feeding off the algae that grows in there.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store