Leeches in my tank?

R0GER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2014
'Murica
Hello, I was doing a water change today and when I looked into the bucket and I saw these small little worm-like things. I assume them to be leeches. The only way i could think of how they got in is that I planted some plants from a local pond a couple weeks back. This is the first I've seen of them, and none are on the fish from what I can see. Anyone have any idea how to get rid of them? Pictures are below.Huawei ascend plus photos 1 261.jpgHuawei ascend plus photos 1 262.jpgHuawei ascend plus photos 1 260.jpg

Huawei ascend plus photos 1 262.jpg

Huawei ascend plus photos 1 261.jpg

Huawei ascend plus photos 1 260.jpg

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
They arent the same shape as leeches ive seen. Not sure what sort of worm it is but Im pretty certain they arent leaches. Still could potentially be a parasite though

R0GER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2014
'Murica
Yes leeches were the first thing that popped into my head...But I couldn't find any images of baby leeches on google. So any thoughts are appreciated.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
They look like bloodworms to me. You wouldn't be the first on MFK to have midge flies laying eggs in your aquarium...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
I've never fed bloodworms to my fish... Are they found in the wild in New England?
Bloodworms are just midge fly larvae, and yes I think Midge flies are found in New England.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

R0GER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2014
'Murica
They are not red like the bloodworms I see on google images, these have a more pinkish color, similar to an earthworm

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store