6 inch silver arowana food

Joshh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2014
Devon
Gets guys
my arowana is roughly 6 inches now, I'm wondering what else I can feed it to give it a bit more variety, I'm feeding him prawns and mussels at the moment
what else is a good food?

cheers

Joshh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2014
Devon
I've tried cichlid gold pellets, he will take 1 then spit it straight back out, he was eating crickets too actually
just like to try an vary it a little if I can, my last aro would eat fish fingers after I removed the batter.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
mine was very picky at first. when I stopped feeding feeders it would only eat mealworms and frozen krill. refused any pellets, anything freeze dried, krill included. now it eats anything I put in there. its 12"+ any type of pellets I throw in, tilapia or market shrimp, anything frozen.

Crossback James

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Most importantly of all, is a balanced and varied diet. Personally I would steer clear of feeder fish, especially goldfish, obviously. Try strips/chunks off a cheap and lean fish like Tilapia. Things like crickets and Mealworms are fine but in moderation or even as twice weekly treats perhaps. I'm lucky enough to have a steady supply of clean bred Blaptica Dubia roaches which are very high protein and low fat. I was never able to persuade my MGXB to eat pellets but went a stage further than gut loading Super Worms. I simply chop the head off, scrape out the insides and replace them with three Hikari sticks per worm. My fella loves them!! I occasionally put a slice of raw garlic in as well. This is great for appetite, interior bacterial infections and general health. Whatever live food you decided to use (as many as possible), try and gut load them full of minerals/carotene/veg that your Aro won't eat its pure form. Balanced/varied/imaginative diet is king! Good luck!

Sent from my Lenovo S920_S505_131111 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Crossback James

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
PS. Be very carful about the fat content of the food you feed them. Their natural diet is extremely low in fat, thus why their digestive system and metabolism is slow. Over feeding of high fat food is, I believe, the main main cause of drop eye as it leaves fat deposits behind the eyes. Remember that in the wild, they exercise more, eat less and still grow bigger, without a doubt!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store