Collection of WORLD's BIGGEST DATS ~ SFBay Pickup CA 94404

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
Okay...maybe there are bigger ones out in the wild or somewhere hidden but these are pretty much amongst the biggest ones on the world market right now.

BigMac is a solid 24" beast. Grown from 10 years ago from 16". This is the happiest friendliest most personable Indo Dat you will find, and of course, the biggest!
It might not be the "stable" high contrast colors that some of you wish it is, but from my experience of raising it up all these years, I can say it is more happy and less stressed than the stable ones out there. (yes, from my experience, I am saying that "stable"= stress...) Underneath the metallic bronze and gold, it is a classic pure 4 bar IT dat pattern. It eats about 1 tilapia fillets per day ( chopped up ) and I also toss in some massivore once in a while for extra nutrients.

Kit and Kat are the cutest pair of thinbar. The larger one is 16" while the other is just a hair smaller (maybe like 1/2") . They always stick together, although they do flare at each other. Who knows, maybe they are a female/male pair. No one has any way of telling. They both only eat massivores.

The measurements were taken when they were out of water so they are accurate.

As for their home. It is a spacious 8' x 3'w x 2'h acrylic tank with dual corner overflow, black back, sitting on a metal stand. Keeping their water pristine is a DIY wet/dry and a 36w TurboTwist UV. Three 10w LED Floodlight shows off their glorious color. It is the perfect setup for these datnoids for life.

I wish to find a good home who will take care of these stunning specimens. If given the same meticulous care and attention, these will continue to grow for years.
I will not separate the tank with the fish as I know they are accustomed to this tank. Any major changes (new environment) or even new tank mates could threaten their livelihood. Even adding more datnoids are risky, but I think anyone would be more than satisfy with just these ultimate datnoids. Afterall, they are some of the biggest datnoids in the world.

The price is $5500 OBO for this entire ultimate datnoid setup.
I will split the fish with the tank.
I will NOT split the three datnoids though.
And the tank won't be available for pickup until the fish are sold.
$3500 for three Biggest Datnoids you will find on the market .
$2800 for 360g full setup.I am in no hurry to sell so the price is pretty firm, but really, the key for me is to find the right buyer who knows about these fish and are capable of taking care of them long term .

I highly encourage potential buyers to come by and learn about them and see them in person as photos does not do them any justice at all.

DSC_0044.JPGDSC_0039.JPGDSC_0992_zps2abe9925.jpg

[YT]Ik8kzAr0_gA[/YT]

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0992_zps2abe9925.jpg

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
I think the dats are over priced and that's why they're not selling. No offense, and this is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I saw a 13-14" NTT sell here on MFK for $400 last year. But your price of 16" NTT for around $1000 each is way above that for just a little bigger in size.

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
Thanks for your opinions and I agree partially to that. Price might be a little high but if you are looking for a comparable fish, you won't find one, nevermind US, you won't even find one in high end stores in Asia. An inch is an inch, it is not just "little bigger" as an inch makes a big difference on such wide bodied fish and not to mention how long it takes to grow just an inch at that size. It is its exclusivity that gives it value. With that said though, anyone with serious interest and qualifying experience/ setup, please contact me, perhaps you can tell offer me what you think is a fair price :)

BUMP :D

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
Thanks for your opinions and I agree partially to that. Price might be a little high but if you are looking for a comparable fish, you won't find one, nevermind US, you won't even find one in high end stores in Asia. An inch is an inch, it is not just "little bigger" as an inch makes a big difference on such wide bodied fish and not to mention how long it takes to grow just an inch at that size. It is its exclusivity that gives it value. With that said though, anyone with serious interest and qualifying experience/ setup, please contact me, perhaps you can tell offer me what you think is a fair price :)

BUMP :D
+1

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store