Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Does the ionic breeze actually work?

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
I use a hepa filter with carbon pre filter for odors. For humidity I use a dehumidifier and I have a vent fan on a humidistat at the top of the stairwell of my basement. Highest ceiling where humidity collects. Lastly I also have a protable A/C right now for summer temps even in the basement I'm battling high temps.

Odors for me are only really present during feeding times. it seems most of the monsters make the most waste as they see food approaching.

I have in the neighborhood of 400 gallons spread across 5 tanks.

I would never use any aerosols or chemicals in or around the room. I'm even weary with what I use to clean the floors with ( water and a little bleach ). Most air fresheners just mask an odor, its better to ventilate or find the source of your odor. You should not have a constant stink.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
I'd try to figure out why it stinks and then take care if the cause (eg use dehumidifier), rather than trying to cover up the smell?!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

suprd71

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2012
North Bay Ontario Canada
I have almost 1000gals in 6 tanks. No smell at all. Are you perhaps under filtered, overstocked, maybe a little lax on water changes? I do run a dehumidifier in winter(Canada), but more for the protection of the house itself.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
You live there and are use to it. I bet others would notice.

I have almost 1000gals in 6 tanks. No smell at all. Are you perhaps under filtered, overstocked, maybe a little lax on water changes? I do run a dehumidifier in winter(Canada), but more for the protection of the house itself.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
To me properly maintained fish rooms smell good. Are you just overly sensitive to odors in general? I smoke 3 packs a day, so really don't smell much at 56.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Fish food also can make a difference with smell. I just keep an air freshener in the stair case plug to more or less spread the smell to the whole house. The tanks usually don't smell but sometimes a little especially with massivore.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store