fimbriated moray

varakka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2014
NJ
Hey guys. Anyone have experience with fimbriated morays? I have had a snowflake for almost 2 years and love him. I hatched a brownbanded bamboo shark, got it eating, and will trade it in for the eel. They have it labeled as a kidako eel but im pretty sure its a fimbrious. Beautiful fish, just looking for anything too look out for or comparatives to my snowflake.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
it is not comparable to your snow flake. far more agressive and declaredly psicivorous.

An agressive, nearly 3 feet, eel. A beautyfull eel, I would add.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I had 1 for a while and they are nothing like snowflakes. That was by far the most aggressive eel I have ever kept. It would kill and try to eat fish that were 4x taller than it such as butterflies and angels. The only fish it ever left alone was a green spotted puffer. Everything else I added in it would kill. Other than that they're pretty easy to care for and will eat anythjng.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
I had one for a few years. ..I kept it with other eels. However, keeping in mind that it should be eels of similar size and aggression. I would not mix with snowflakes or other echidna morays. I kept my fimby with other aggressive but not huge eels, like G. moringa and G. saxicola. The moringa was much more dominant over the fimby in my tank.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
They are awesome eels but as everyone's said, vary aggressive. Even tho they don't get as big an thick, they will still scare off other fish that go by their hide and if the tanks smaller he might need to be by him self. But if your set on getting one and don't mind him being by him self than it would be a good choice for an eel. I have my tessi solo with a bunch of mixed urchins. Looks really cool when he pops his head out of the rock with all the urchins around him on the rock.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store