Ebjd??

luggy978

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2014
Burnley, Lancashire, UK
Hi all. First post on this site. I've recently acquired a EBJD. He's about 1.1/4" and currently in my 10g community tank. He's going on to a 29g next week then eventually on to a 75. I have a parrot cichlid the same size which he seems to be getting on with. Will these two be compatible together when I move th ebjd on? Or do you have any other recommendations? Also do you think a royal plec would be ok when in the larger tank?
Thanks
Grateful northern lad
One day at a time

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cichlidss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2014
Western Cape, South Africa
Well this all depends on how fast you can upgrade to the 75..
EBJD's get large... and parrots also reach a good size
10 or 29 gallon tanks you are most likely going to run into a few turf battles between the parrot and EBJD
Is the parrot and the EBJD's the only stock in the 10gal?
I would leave the plec until you get a 75.. the footprint in your tank is already to much

luggy978

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2014
Burnley, Lancashire, UK
There's 2 pink widows and a couple of tetras in the tank with them at the moment but they are getting moved to the 29 this weekend. I have been making weekly water changes since I've had them. Im led to beleive the EBJD's need frequent water changes. The royal plec I've been offered is the same size (1.5"). Do you think this will be to much? I plan on having my upgrade to a 75 within the next few months. And am I correct in saying that the EBJD and the royal plec have slow growth rates? If need be I could omit the parrot and just have the EBJD and plec. Thanks

Cichlidss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2014
Western Cape, South Africa
for the time being those tetras will be fine.. but they will eventually become lunch for the EBJD
As for water changes the more the better! but yes keep up with the weekly water changes.
Yes Royal plecs and jacks have a relatively slow growth rate.. but diet and water chemistry have an effect on growth rate.
In my opinion i would keep the EBJD and the plec.. most plec's do well with large cichlids..
Try find the parrot a home..
Having the parrot in there would be to much on the waste side of things and there is definitely a chance later on that there will be fights over territories
What filters are you running on your 29gal?

luggy978

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2014
Burnley, Lancashire, UK
Yeah. Gonna take your advice on that one and find a new home for the parrot. I've only got I fluval 3 plus internal filter in the 29 at the moment. I am pretty new to this but was considering an external filter as well. Any recommendations?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store