Blue Acara Pictures and personal experiences

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
I love mine! I don't have any good pictures though. Great personality! He is one of the top fish in the tank, but he is very peaceful, and never bothers anyone, unless they mess with him, or each other. He also is one of the most interactive with me, and will eat from my fingers. If you can find a true Blue Acara, not a GT hybrid, IME they are nice, laid back, beautiful cichlids.

Cichlidss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2014
Western Cape, South Africa
Ya i have been told that i have a blue acara :)
Enjoying mine to
They are relatively peaceful.. He almost seems like the peace keeper
He chases fish that chase each other :)
but thanks for sharing

anybody have any pictures?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Can't find pics, but if I had to choose a colourful, stocky cichlid, it would be an acara. Mine was constantly at the front of the tank, very inquisitive, and would hold the peace between a convict and JD. Didn't bother itself with dithers like danios or tiger barbs.

Id recommend the blue acara to anyone, probably more so than convicts now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
the electric blue varient are gorgeous too, i have kept blue acara and they have great personalitys peacful but confident when challenged.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I've got an Electric Blue Acara in my 30 tall. Great beautiful fish with tons of personality but she as well as my sailfin molly and blue gourami and constantly nipping at each other. I've been told by my LFS owner that i have "very bad@ss community fish" :ROFL:.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
lol, i gave a dwarf gourami to a mate as i had nowhere for it and his smaller tank broke meaning it had to go in his 100g with a 9 inch butti, it still claimed a 12 inch corner and he had to take it to a lfs due to it chasing his breeding red jewels around!

Black Tuna

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2014
California
youtube.com
I had one in with a nic, salvini and convict of similar size. My acara was mean and always went at it with the nic and salvini. Eventually the salvini was too much for him so I moved him ti a different tank to find a peaceful environment. Never ended up working out so got rid of him. He just seemed not to grow at the same rate as my other fish, and didn't get along with anyone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
This is one of my pairs they are pretty laid back unless they have a spawn then they can be mean.

uploadfromtaptalk1406141151628.jpg

Cichlidss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2014
Western Cape, South Africa
Wow they are beautiful! Nice fish.
Im starting to think he/she might be to calm to be with a jack... Should I be concerned?
Thanks for sharing everyone :)
As for gourami's.. If you could picture a school yard bully in a fish tank.. They would fit the description!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store