Added some more pikes to my collection....

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
That pike but got you bad, huh? :grinno:

Pike bug* why you do this autocorrect

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
lol No worries I knew what you meant and yeah they really do. It amazes me how much I didn't appreciate these guys in the past. Best thing though about these 2 is they ate pellets right out of the bag, pretty cool.

Thanks man! Much appreciated.

Unfortunately they've been hiding and when they are out are darty right now, so when they settle in and aren't so jumpy I'll try and add some better pics that show off their colors.

freebyrd

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Virginia
How many tapajos do u have now? I have two I kinda want two more...same tank. 265g

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Dam I want one I think I'm gonna get a job this summer or something maybe haha I need to step up my game lol. Also I've gotten my big male atabapo II to start begging for food. Starve him for a week then fed one little feeder every day and eventually he comes up to the front when u walk by.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
How many tapajos do u have now? I have two I kinda want two more...same tank. 265g

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Three now and the two Tocantins but one of the Tapajos is in a separate tank because he's tiny. One of the coolest vids I've seen of red pikes has a group of 6 or so with an Asian Aro and they look stunning. So I imagine if you could pull it off adding 2 more Tapajos would make a pretty sick display.

Dam I want one I think I'm gonna get a job this summer or something maybe haha I need to step up my game lol. Also I've gotten my big male atabapo II to start begging for food. Starve him for a week then fed one little feeder every day and eventually he comes up to the front when u walk by.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
lol By all means step up that game. :grinyes: Glad to hear can't wait to see more updates on your Atabapo II. Only one Tapajos the smallest is a beggar the two new ones are still acting shy but one is definitely getting bolder. When I approach the tank he tends to come out and watch me though taking a pic is hard because my Geo Abalios bug out always thinking they're about to be fed so he gets lost in a blur of Geos darting back and forth in front of him most of the time. But here's a pick of him upfront checking me out.
IMG_9316#2.JPG

IMG_9316#2.JPG

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
How big would you say they are compared to the smaller ones you recieved?

I ask because one of the 4 that Jeff sent me has a deformity in the gill and he agreed to send me one of the larger sized ones at a discount. Now that I see yours and read your comments, maybe thats a bad idea.

He's out of the smaller ones and I'm really trying to get a pair. Since 1 is deformed, I essentially only have 3 of them to work with which really goes against my chances.

If I get the larger sized ones like you just picked up, do you feel that their size advantage puts my existing ones at too much risk? In other words, would your smaller one get killed by your new ones in your opinion?

Any help is appreicated.

On another note, if I do get the larger one, would you be willing to trade me for your small one so that we both have a group of all being roughly the same size?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store