New monsters ordered - Umbees.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
Since I lost my pride and joy monster dovii a couple of weeks ago I have been debating on what to go with to replace him. As much as I love keeping dovii I'm just not interested in putting up with the two years of them being shy again. I finally decided that I am going to attempt to get a pair of Umbees. From what I understand they are much less shy and a joy to keep. I placed my order this morning for eight 1-1/2" dovii from Mike's Cichlids. They will be arriving tomorrow so pictures will be coming once I have a chance to get them settled in.

Here is the fish they will be replacing. He was 17.75" long and 3 lbs 13 ounces.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
Well the tank is all cleaned up and ready.

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
Gorgeous fish, sorry for your loss. I have lost some large Oscars after a few years, but nothing of that size!
I look forward to seeing the new ones!

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
Well I just received my order and they look pretty darn good. I always forget how small 1-1/2" fish are. There is one that is a good bit bigger than the others, I'm thinking he will end up being big daddy. :D I ordered eight fish, one did arrive doa however they included an extra fish for free so it all worked out. They are acclimating to the temperature now so I will begin the fun part in half hour or so.

Big Daddy

This is pretty much how the rest look.

All of them just hanging out.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV

In the tank next door my last dovii is keeping an eye out to see what is going on. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store