Best dry food to tempt picky eaters?

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
What s the best food to tempt fish who are eating well on frozen food, but won't touch the dry stuff? I have had good luck with Hikari carnivore/massivore/foodsticks, but even that I can't get some a few specific fish to eat. I would like to train them to take something other than frozen, not only for convenience and to get them eating a bigger variety, but also to make it easier when I'm gone on vacation. The fish in questions are a school of Elephantnose fish, feeding well on a variety of frozen and live foods, an eel, feeding on the same foods as the ENs, and some darters, who will eat nothing other than frozen bloodworms and live foods. Now I all of these fish are difficult to impossible to "pellet" train, and I am ok with that, I'd just like to expand what I feed them if possible, and was curious what food you have found most palatable to these types of fish.

Supposedly Kens has a moist pellets that is good, but I can't find out if they still sell it.

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Has anyone tried Kens Earthworm, Blackworm, or Bloodworm flake? Since those are the preferred foods of the fish I am targeting I am curious how they would work.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Massivore has always been best for picky fish ive had. Kens is very inexpensive but most my fish didnt eat it

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I agree on the NLS, personally would try small pellet due to size of the EN'S mouth.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Hikari seems to work the best. Its softer than most pellets and much stronger smelling. Hell, I broke my GATF onto pellets in less than a week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store