Which puffer fish

robert.mccook.elm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2013
California
Hello all,

So recently my Freshwater lionfish killed my dragon goby :cry:. it was very sad and traumatic, especially for my wife. since the attack she had me give my lionfish to a friend to avoid something like in the future. which was unfortunate but i can see why she wanted me too. and i had just got my lionfish to eat freeze dried food regularly too. oh well. she now would like me to add a puffer fish. i know puffer can be nippy so im unsure about which puffer might do best with my current stock.
i currently have
4 archers
1 butis butis
and 1 knight goby

my SG is 1.008 to 1.010.

after looking into it im leaning towards a figure 8 puffer since they stay smaller then the GSP.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Figure 8 are gorgeous. You could add more than one.

But be warned, puffers are addictive :)

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
In terms of brackish, that is the limit of my knowledge. Sorry.

I have seen several kept together.

ebrownfire

Gambusia
Mar 26, 2015
Lakewood, CA
Hello all,

So recently my Freshwater lionfish killed my dragon goby :cry:. it was very sad and traumatic, especially for my wife. since the attack she had me give my lionfish to a friend to avoid something like in the future. which was unfortunate but i can see why she wanted me too. and i had just got my lionfish to eat freeze dried food regularly too. oh well. she now would like me to add a puffer fish. i know puffer can be nippy so im unsure about which puffer might do best with my current stock.
i currently have
4 archers
1 butis butis
and 1 knight goby

my SG is 1.008 to 1.010.

after looking into it im leaning towards a figure 8 puffer since they stay smaller then the GSP.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks
I recently purchased three avocado puffers 2" long and put them in with 5 bala sharks 3", 5 banded leporinus 4", and an african arowana 3". They are all getting along well and have not displayed any fin nipping or hostile display toward one another. They eat blood worms and pellets and are a great addition to my tank. I would strongly recommend them for the stock you currently have

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store