How should I go about this?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I have a male FH I want to breed to my female fader FH. The female is proven fertile and I'm sure the male might be. He has lowered his tube I guess it's called signaling he is ready to breed I think.the male is a ZZ red dragon and the female was sold to me as a female fader. The female is a good 2 inches bigger than the male and the male is less bulky. They are in two seperate 60 gallons and I want to move them to one to breed. I plan on moving the female to the males tank because he is smaller and I want breeding to happen on his turf. I plan to use egg crate light diffuser as a divider and try to cut a hole big enough for only the male since again he is smaller. Would this work out even though there is a difference in size. I have never breed flowerhorn so I have no clue what to expect as far as mating rituals and whatnot. What I said is what I plan to do if it's wrong please let me know and tips would be greatly appreciated. If I've added salt to the breeding tank will that make a difference? Here is the male
View attachment 1027504
Female
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1406313997.269532.jpgView attachment 1027506
Please offer some advice/ tips I have small terracotta pots in there hopefully she will lay eggs on that I'm not sure if they are big enough
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1406314089.441990.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store