plecos and corys - will my plecs get enough food

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
hey all, I picked up two 1.5-2" l091 Leporacanthicus triactis, a couple weeks ago. they are great. I actually have never kept or wanted to keep plecos before but they are quickly becoming a favorite which I really didn't expect. so anyway, I have them in a ~15g tank for quarantine right now and they seem to be doing fine, I catch them eating and such when I surprise them when the lights are off, but I plan to move them into my 90g soon which contains a group of geo Tapajos and about 10 or so bronze corys. i'm not worried about the geos stealing their food as i'll feed them at night but I am concerned that the corys will grab up all the food before they get a chance. the corys are way more active during the day and constantly hunt for food. should I keep the l91s separate until they put on some mass and get more comfortable or do you think they will be able to compete when they are more active at night?

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
I have 3 plecos in my 40 breeder im growing out. I also have 3 cories in it. Also attempting to grow out 7 disucs in there. Everyone has been doing great. They get enough. Just make sure you drop some in at lights out. I drop a algae and carnivore pellet in at night and a few flakes. I also have some driftwood in there for them to chew on.

Josie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2014
Newcastle, UK
Just keep a Chunk of courgette in there at all times and they will be fine. Mine only get wafers every few days, but a mix of vegetables daily including mushrooms, red pepper, peas, courgettes, melon , and I've tried tomato which they also enjoyed. Only kept it in the tank for an hour as I was worried about how acidy they are. Just remove vegetables after a couple of days and replace :)

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Cool, I'll prob still keep the in at for about another week anyway, but I have noticed them moving around more and more so I'm not super worried. just thought I'd check.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I keep ~30 assorted cories with my plecos and its actually an awesome combo. The plecos eat the later foods and the cories kind of just hang out near their mouths and eat whatever scraps come flying off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store