My South American cichlids

Cichlid mania

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2014
Colorado springs
Hey everyone I'm new to the site I just wanted to make a post about my bigger fish i have an albino oscar who is around 13 inches a jack Dempsey and a green terror who is still small and a breeding pare of convicts but that's just the South Americans haha. I am very excited to se some of the awesome fish and learn new things in the future on this site image.jpgSadly you can't se the green terror on this picture he is really shy still and the convicts are in caves right know but as soon as I se them I will as pictures of them

image.jpg

Cichlid mania

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2014
Colorado springs
Thanks the jack is one of my favorites he was the first of the big fish going on about seven or eight years old know I just hope he doesn't go and die on my any time soon

swifty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2013
California
Any more pictures of the jack? They're quickly growing into one of my favorite cichlid.

Also, what has their diet been the last few years? What's your water change schedule? Temperature of the tank?

Cichlid mania

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2014
Colorado springs
The water changes are twice a week I don't really know how much I take out I just vacuume it until it all comes up clean the tank is around 78 to maybe 81 degrees. he eats cichlid gold pellets and some other brand that is a big meaty stick as a treat. some bloodworms or earthworms or any crawfish my monitor doesn't eat every know and than. I put feeders in twice a week he dosent really like them though he Is not the prettiest jack he got into a massive fight with another male and his abdomen is pretty scarred but otherwise he is very healthy I will post more pics of him tomorrow but anyways they are a great cichlid I love them one day I would love an electric blue jack they are Gorgeous

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store