NGT datnoid growout thread

McPhish

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2014
MI
Received my little little NGT from Wes yesterday. What is everyone feeding theirs? Im thinking live bloodworms. Small little guy but active and healthy.

D7620

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
rosemead
my 1.5" won't take anything else but live bloodworms. and would and go for like 2 or 3 pcs -_- gl with yours

McPhish

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2014
MI
my 1.5" won't take anything else but live bloodworms. and would and go for like 2 or 3 pcs -_- gl with yours
Yeah mine is knocking 3-4 pcs. Did see him eyeing some hikari gold as my loaches/pleco were eating. Fingers cross, hate blackworms.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
from all the people who have kept them, of course initially just live worms, and guppies, then you mix in small bits and pieces of cut fish or shrimp, use a power head to blow up the food, so they will chase after it. also good to use some tiny cichlids or something that will eat pellets to train them. monkey see, monkey do, and soon they will learn to eat anything.

massivore has been shown to make them grow very big and very fast. all the datnoids out there that are over 12-15" like NTT or NGT, have all been raised on massivore, the food must contain something in it that makes them grow. and these get that size in less than 2 years usually, which cannot be achieved by normal cut fish and shrimp

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Mix up your choice of crushed pellets with frzn bloodworms. As they get used to it keep adding more crushed pellets and keeping the amount if bw the same. Eventually it's strictly pellets.

As mentioned...dither fish like other datnoids, cichlids etc will help teach them it is food.

Ngt grow like weeds once they start eating massivore! I sold mine at 12" years ago and he was a massivore junky and punked all the fish in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store