Albino Silver Arowana

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
Hello errbudy, my LFS has an albino silver for 1200$ said he would knock a substantial amount off for me. It is 6-7 inches long and is def a true albino. I was wondering with silvers is the reason albinos are so rare is because they come from the wild or something else. Personally I would prefer black aro any day so it's not really for me but if any one is interested it is at Las Vegas at piceses. .... I'll add more pics later hopefully a video as well.

image.jpg

image.jpg

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Can't be albino. No red eyes and there is yellow pigmentation. It's a platinum arowana or lecustic a true albino would have no pigmentation and would have red eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Kapham thats because you dont understand what albino is. To be albino it would lack color pigmentation and as stated would have pink eyes. This is lecustic or platinum meaning it has less color pigment but still has some (black pupils) but I haven't seen many true platinum aro with that much yellow

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
I was wondering the same thing. It's eyes were not red and yes it had pigment of reds more so than an average aro. It does not look milky white like a platinum either. I'm not an expert on the different pigments but to me it shows both characteristics of both lecustic and albino.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I saw this one in person as well, brought that up to the manager that I thought he may not be albino cus the eyes arent red, but whats the difference. Still an awesome arow.

madjester101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2012
Amarillo TX
I have a buddy that has an albino and its eyes are a pinkish color but instead of being white because it has no pigment it it more of a yellow fleshy color.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store