Help ID new pick up!

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Hey guys,

Saw this guy at my local LFS mixed in with the African tank. My gut feeling is Cichlasoma Pearsi although I have never owned one. The manager thinks its vieja mutt. Either way he let it go for only 10 bucks so I rolled the diced. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

IMG_20140726_130313.jpg

IMG_20140726_130313.jpg

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
So couldnt get a better in tank pic yet because its a 3in fish in a 110 gallon, but ran into a problem. My wild caught green severum is very aggressive towards it, woulda never guess it woulda been the severum. Anyways I would rate the aggression 6/10 mostly charging but I can see the new fish has some torn fins. Should I wait it out, maybe letting dominance establish? Or should I remove the fish, as likely it will continue? Please advise

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
I would probably remove it, not a big chance taker myself on fish. Lost to many waiting it out but I have no experience with these so may wait for other opinions.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I would probably remove it, not a big chance taker myself on fish. Lost to many waiting it out but I have no experience with these so may wait for other opinions.
Ok thanks anyone else? Its seems the pearsi found a spot where it can not be attacked but Im worried it wont be able to eat during feeding time

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
Ok thanks anyone else? Its seems the pearsi found a spot where it can not be attacked but Im worried it wont be able to eat during feeding time
If you have another tank...I would move it because the stress is just going to make it more prone to disease. Also, they grow at a faster rate than severum and I would grow it out in another tank if you can then transfer it over. Another option is to move the severum for a while and once the pearsei is established try to put the severum back in. Just a few options to put out there....but if its stuck in a corner that probably won't change with the current situation.

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
If you have another tank...I would move it because the stress is just going to make it more prone to disease. Also, they grow at a faster rate than severum and I would grow it out in another tank if you can then transfer it over. Another option is to move the severum for a while and once the pearsei is established try to put the severum back in. Just a few options to put out there....but if its stuck in a corner that probably won't change with the current situation.

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Ok thanks for the advise, I have a 50 gallon that has 3in flowerhorn in it alone, I could probably divide that up (carefully) and put the pearsi in there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store