Is it ok to feed my jag tilapia everyday

Jayfish7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
New York
Hey, my jaguar (3") is very picky and refuses to eat anything but frozen food (no pellets!) so I been feeding him chopped up tilapia fillets pieces 2xs a day.. And he loves it. I been trying to smash up pellets and mix it with the tilapia to gets some of the pellets in him. But lately he just spits the pellet matter out and eats the fish (getting smart!) ... Question is .. Is it ok to him tilapia daliy? Should I add anything to it? And/or is there anything else to feed that will benefit him, being he is so picky against pellets... Thanks for any advise suggestions!!

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Starve them for a while, then they'll eat anything.

Fish can go a while without food, just keep offer the food you want him to eat, eventually he'll take it

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jayfish7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
New York
Yeah I figured that, but I don't mind feeding him the tilapia , I just want to know if it's alright to do so daily? (Or add a supplement and/or other frozen food ... )

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Well like humans fish also prefer a variety in their diet, Yea your giving him a steak dinner every time but eventually he'll get sick of it

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
My mate refuses to feed his fish pellets, his always feeding seafood but never the same type, his fish sure do grow faster then anyone else I know... only downside I know of is the cost his always complaining its costing him more to feed the fish per a week then himself lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store