Malfan rock

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Has anyone heard of this? The guy at the shop said its good for absorbing all sorts of heavy metals from water but I'm not finding anything on google about it. ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1406415265.497593.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Never heard of it before, but found this description: Maifan Stone is really the valuable object for the humanbeings. It has the more bores'charactor which is 20000 times higher than the Active Carbon; It can eject various mineral substances while strongly attach the harmful matter into the water, not only increase the water activity, but also adjust the PH matter as well. Right now, there are many Maifan Stone Research Institutes abroad which are studying into how makes the usage of Maifan Stone widely into various fields closely connecting with the living of peopel. Maifan Stone are popularly used in water purification, soil amelioration, animal feeding, bathing, pharmacing, ect. It is to be called as Magic Stone, Healthy Stone or Long-life Stone in Japan, Taiwan & South Korea.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I was going to say it sounds like snakeoil to me but joe's description is a bit better than mine

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Very interesting. Should I give it a try? I just researched bakuhanseki which he put in " " on the bag and there was some interesting info similar to what joe just said. You guys think its worth a shot?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Chemists have discovered a rare mineral called Tobermorite, that occurs rarely in nature but can now be synthesized cheaply, that will remove heavy metals from water. The mineral is derived from colored recycled glass that is ground up, mixed with lime and caustic soda, and heated in a blast furnace to combine into the new mineral. Tobermorite will absorb heavy metals yet remain inert in solution. It's currently only be experimented with in polluted/contaminated streams and waste-water areas. I have no idea how it's properties will react in aquariums.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I thought I'd let you guys know how they're working. They've been in my filter for about a week and so far I'm seeing improvements. My bichirs have been more active and eating more now. Hopefully they'll start eating like pigs again soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store