Stocking makes me sad.

Adoinc

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Arvada, Colorado
Ok, here's the problem. I love this stocking plan for a 180...
1x Sailfin Pleco
6x Keyhole cichlids
24x Dwarf Corydoras
24x Cardinal Tetra
24x Glowlight Tetra
2x Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlid

That sounds fine right... WRONG!

It doesn't fit with my Biotope :cry:

Biotope Stocking:
1x Sailfin Pleco
6x Port Hoplos
12x Red Eye Tetra
12x Bloodfin Tetra

I have been wanting a Biotope for my Sailfin, but it wouldn't make me as happy as if it was a community. I want whatever is best for him but I also want an aquarium I like.
Do you think he cares too much or will it make the pleco happier if I mimic his environment? Am I overreacting? Am I :screwy:?

Adoinc

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Arvada, Colorado
I've come to the conclusion that I'm the biggest idiot ever. The fish probably doesn't care if it's a biotope or not. I mean they don't really have a preference do they?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Do whatever you want bro! Gibbiceps are very common fish that are used to adapting to a multitude of environments in captivity so you're fine. I'm not keeping mine in any kind of biotope and he's perfectly happy.

Adoinc

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Arvada, Colorado
I'm pretty sure he will just like the tank no matter what. I guess it's just like putting platies in a biotope tank... they won't even know they are in one! Substrate for the community I was planning on painting a bare bottom like this = http://www.fishyreview.com/fake_sand.html and driftwood/rocks.

for the Biotope play sand and driftwood but no rocks because they are really rare in the Amazon.

Yeah, It seems I was overreacting because a fish is a fish is a fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store