Tips for preventing DE on arowana

andy_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Davao city Philippines
I know im a new member here and some dont do just trust me but i want to share my exp for having 9 silvers w/o DE. My dad also pass the exp that he had with arows. I hope i could help you guys.

The first things first

Make sure u have enough lightenings it should be bright.

I lid my lights fir about 24/7.

Their is pros n cons for having it lid for 24/7 the pros is not to have arrows DE the cons is your water might be turns of color but ofcourse whichs is important its your choice.

Reason
arowana for them to reflect the mirror inside the aquarium. That they only see them self and not to see other things outside the aquarium bcoz arrowana is very curious for them to see.

Dont feed too much fatty foods, i ussualy feed my arows like once a day. Even for baby arrows, i feed them full to make them satisfy for one meal.
I give them superworms all the time, sometime chicken liver or shrimp. For baby arrows like 6-8" in size i feed like about 8-9pcs of worm each day it depends on their appetite. If they are full already they dont eat up the last worm u give and thats about for them for a day meal.

Pingpong balls i dont really know about this but to make sure i think this is not a good idea to prevent DE because once they used to it they wont even bother to look at the balls anymore.

For me if an arrows had DE theirs nothing can help but eye surgery.

Just giving you tips guys bcoz i learn a lot from mfk im just returning the favor.
I love this forum and i hope to grow out big.

for question just ask me for it about arows. I hope i cud answer it.

Thanks
Andy Lim
From Davao City, Philippines

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Any pics of these 9 silver arowana without DE?

andy_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Davao city Philippines
no i dont have pics of silver arowana now coz i dont have any of them left. i dont keep silvers anymore but if you like i cud post my asian arowanas if like.

projectile

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2007
ind
As far as the mirror effect under water fish don't see it as a mirror at all, its only us that are looking thru glass + water + glass that see a mirror due to prism effect.
Only aro I now without drop eye is one that's been raised with koi in an outdoor pond.

Sent from my XT1033 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

andy_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Davao city Philippines
it will have mirror effect just like when your driving your car at night if you turn of the cabin lights inside your car it reflects right its the same inside the aquarium. i had exp with my rtg when i turn off the lights his eye was starting to drop off. this is wat i exp. i just share the info for you. just try to look above your aquarium with lights on then look at the glass. it realy reflects on sides. i know the glass + water + glass it turns to mirror but bright light to glass it also turns to mirror.

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Chickin liver & superworms would not be considered a lowfat diet for aros imo..i agree that superworms are healthy, but lowfat..not sure about that...what kind of foods are you saying to stay away from?

andy_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Davao city Philippines
i dont know how you fed your worms. i fed mine only vegetables, no any other substrate like oat meal etc. so i think this will be less carbs for the fish or protein.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
no i dont have pics of silver arowana now coz i dont have any of them left. i dont keep silvers anymore but if you like i cud post my asian arowanas if like.
Couldn't care less about asian aro. Personally I highly doubt your claim. You seem to lack knowledge based on the suggestions you state.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store