Smaller bichir with bigger one

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
So I was wondering when I can put my delhezi in with my lap
Delhezi is 7" and lap is 14"
My lap is not pellet trained yet I have gotten him to eat 2 pellets in the 3 months iv had him other than that he will only eat gold fish witch I only by 2 on Friday the rest of the week I offer pellets .... The 2 times he ate pellets was recently tho last Thursday and Friday he ate them
My worry is since he isn't pellet trained will only eat live fish will my 7" delhezi be ok or no
Here are 2 pics use my finger as a reference

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1406480053.966448.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1406480094.237238.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1406480116.679226.jpg

BichirAddict

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2007
Virginia
I personally have a 8" delhezi with my Congicus of 18". I have no problems yet.
Plus the Congicus has been on a hungry strike since I got him in late January.
I'm waiting to add my other smaller bichirs till he does eat thou.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I think you're safe to put them together. From my experience, it's the endli's that you really need to worry about eating other bichirs. I have never had problems with any laps even nipping at fins of others. Not too long ago I had a THICK 14" lap with a 5" del and there were no problems

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
You should be fine and if the delhezi is pellet trained and the lap see it eating pellets you may have a monkey see monkey do scenario

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
So I put the delhezi in with my 14" lap and y'all were wrong bout the laps bein peaceful the lap bit it at least 4 times b4 he started to settle down and get used to it lol chased it all over the tank ..,, but iv been watchin for bout 2 hours now and I think he will be fine he is payin the del less and less attention ... But the lights ain't wen out for the night yet that's the part I worry bout ill post again tomorrow and say how it worked out

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
If you have ever feed him live he will always do that when you add a new member to the environment. At least in my experience that happens.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
All is well between them I even put my endli in there to who is now 5" my big is getting along just fine with them do now I have space to grow done more out ... Getting a ornate next Friday and another delhezi

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store