Check out my EBJD!

R0GER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2014
'Murica
Hi, I just wanted to share with you my beautiful EBJD named Roland. I got him in April from my lfs. He has grown from 1.5 inches to close to 4 inches now. I am very surprised by this because everywhere I have gone on the web, I have heard that they are supposed to be slow growing, deformed, and sickly. Them and normal Jack dempseys are supposedly shy too, but every time a walk into the room, he swims up to the glass, and follows me around the tank. I talked to the lfs guy a week ago about the ebjds and where they got them, and he said it was just a random breeder. He also said they haven't lost a single one.:screwy:Maybe the line is finally getting stronger... Anyways, pictures are below, oldest to newest. Thanks for looking!Huawei ascend plus photos 1 212.jpgHuawei ascend plus photos 1 220.jpgHuawei ascend plus photos 1 221.jpgHuawei ascend plus photos 1 222.jpgIMG_20140706_222412804.jpgroland.jpg

Huawei ascend plus photos 1 212.jpg

Huawei ascend plus photos 1 220.jpg

Huawei ascend plus photos 1 221.jpg

Huawei ascend plus photos 1 222.jpg

IMG_20140706_222412804.jpg

roland.jpg

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
Good looking EBJD, glad to hear it is doing well and not that shy! Keep us posted on how he does!
What size tank is he currently in?

R0GER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2014
'Murica
He's currently in a 29, and yes I know this is too small long term. Since the day I got him I have been saving to get a 75. Thanks for the compliment!

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
Nice to hear that he is doing swell , probably it could be that he does not have any inmates to compete with.
But in a community , they can be the slowest to grow mainly because of their mildness

R0GER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2014
'Murica
You should get one TexOscar1! And vinod, the only thing he competes with is a rainbow shark and pleco lol.

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
Hi, I just wanted to share with you my beautiful EBJD named Roland. I got him in April from my lfs. He has grown from 1.5 inches to close to 4 inches now. I am very surprised by this because everywhere I have gone on the web, I have heard that they are supposed to be slow growing, deformed, and sickly. Them and normal Jack dempseys are supposedly shy too, but every time a walk into the room, he swims up to the glass, and follows me around the tank. I talked to the lfs guy a week ago about the ebjds and where they got them, and he said it was just a random breeder. He also said they haven't lost a single one.:screwy:Maybe the line is finally getting stronger... Anyways, pictures are below, oldest to newest. Thanks for looking!View attachment 1027856View attachment 1027857View attachment 1027858View attachment 1027859View attachment 1027860View attachment 1027861
Wow that's some fast growth for a ebjd. I've had mine since he was 1". Had him almost a year and he's only grown almost 2". I have another that I've had for 7 months. Got him also at 1" and he's about the same size as the other one but growing faster. I will say you got lucky with that one.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Do all ebjd become solid blue like that? I always see them at a small size, so not sure if that is a common transition. IMO they look better solid blue than spangled when they are small. Nice looking Fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store