ID on this FISH...

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Sold as a Paroon, but thinking that is incorrect. It's not an iridescent either...at least I don't think. Any thoughts?

[video=youtube;j_wQx9qBvF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_wQx9qBvF4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's not good if the fish is actually an iridescent shark and the shop keeper passed them off as paroons and priced them as such.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
I know there are 21 catfish in the Pangasius genus. I think it could be one of these... other than (Pangasius sanitwongsei) or (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus). There was another tank with baby iridescent sharks in the store going for 4 dollars...however the only reason I got this catfish was because a fellow MFK friend had been looking for one...and because it was in another tank because they had been brought in as paroons...labeled as paroons...and cost 5 times more than the ids, lol. But who knows...now it is sitting in my conjag fry tank while I'm scratching my head. Regardless, I'm still committed to finding my buddy his paroon...it's LA after all...we do see just about everything.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
They only had about 5 of these so called "paroons" and they were all gone except for this one when I went back a few days later. There were dozens of the similarly sized ids for 4 bucks. I hope me and 4 others didn't get duped...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store