Eggs?

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
For the past year to two years I've been noticing that when I clean my filter pad in my sump there are these whitish round "cysts" that are bit sticky to the touch. Also one night when i was about to turn the lights off all of the fish in this tank seem to be in a feeding frenzy with little white specs that were free floating in the water. I'm a bit puzzled what's going on in there. The tank is a 300g 96"x30"x24" inhabitants are 30~clowns loaches ranging from 4"-9", 4 corydoras, large calico BN pleco, (2) 4" red streak severum, (9) 5" metynnis fasciatus (tiger SD) , n (3) 5-6" toxote blythii's (marbled archers). I don't know who could be the culprits but, am leaning towards the archers as everybody else is too small. Any input would be great! Thanks!

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
If they are eggs, I would guess they are most likely form the corydoras. If not the corys then possibly the silver dollars. It is rare to have clown loaches breed in an aquarium. Bushy nose pleco eggs are orangish in color and quite large. Severum eggs would be attached to a rock, breeding cave, glass or something else. Marbled archerfish rarely breed in an aquarium.

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
Cory eggs are VERY sticky and usually laid on the glass or another object. I have never seen my cories eggs free floating

And if they were cory eggs that were stuck but came off its likely they would be eaten
signature
-----------------------------------------------------------

"And if I can't have everything, well then just give me a taste"

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
Yeah one of my friends just told me that couldn't be the Cory's because they adhere their eggs to a surface. Another person told me that could be my clowns but, I told my clowns are too small and they said they are a good size. I'm leaning towards the archers because I have noticed and a lot of commotion between the three of them.

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
Yeah one of my friends just told me that couldn't be the Cory's because they adhere their eggs to a surface. Another person told me that could be my clowns but, I told my clowns are too small and they said they are a good size. I'm leaning towards the archers because I have noticed and a lot of commotion between the three of them.
pics would help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store