How to Feed Plecos Veggies

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
Hey all

I'm new to plecos and have a question. I'm trying to feed them green zucchini but I didn't realize it floats!

I've used a veggie clip in the past but it suctions to the side of the tank and I don't know if the plecos can get it.

I've wedged pieces between rocks but the next morning I find it stuck to the filter intake.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stephen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
Stick a fork or butter knife through it. Works like a charm :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Stick a fork or butter knife through it. Works like a charm :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Ive always used a fork and it works great. Used to have one with a hole drilled in the end on a string so I didnt even need to reach in the tank after

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
A fork, eh? I guess if I just leave it in over night I don't have to worry about the looks.

I like the string idea.

Thanks

Stephen

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Use a rubber band and and a small rock it works like a charm and is not as bulky as a fork. I put veggies in when I wake up and pull them out the next morning
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1406575572.802155.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
If you're into try new things, there's a new pleco feeder out on the market. Looks like a corkscrew. I forget who makes it, but it will be at K2.

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
After seeing an L-091 with a rubber band around its head at the lfs, I wouldn't recommend the rubber band idea. Using a fork works great. In my experience, once the plecos realize the veggies are food they will come up the glass to get them from the veggie clips.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
After seeing an L-091 with a rubber band around its head at the lfs, I wouldn't recommend the rubber band idea. Using a fork works great. In my experience, once the plecos realize the veggies are food they will come up the glass to get them from the veggie clips.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Oh man. Thanks

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
Ive always used a fork and it works great. Used to have one with a hole drilled in the end on a string so I didnt even need to reach in the tank after
Genius! Looks like my pleco fork is getting a modification. Lol
BTW, don't use a fork that's going to go back in the kitchen drawer, as the wife may not be too happy about that. And if you do use a fork it doesn't have to stay in the tank. I just dropped a half of a bell pepper in my 240 with a fork and *poof* 2hrs later it's gone and the fork can be taken out...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store