Treating my tank for internal parasites - Advice needed.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
I'm going to treat my 190 gallon tank for internal parasites, as i'm pretty sure at least one of my fishes has it.

I have 4 bolivian rams, all recived at the same time, from the same place and the same age.
3 of them have grown rather fast, while one of them seem to be very underweight, in fact, i haven't noticed any growth. While the rest have grown

I'm also going to treat the tank, because angelfish are known to carry internal parasites, but not be affected, and i'd like to just get rid of it once and for all (or at least for now).

What kind of medication should i use?

I'm considering this:
http://www.waterlife.co.uk/waterlife/octozin.htm

Anyone have any experience with this or what i should be using?
What is the active ingredients for use i should be looking for?

Most medication I'm finding are for treating hole in the head disease, but I think it covers internal parasites as well.

Any information regardin this would be great, as i'm worried that my bolivian ram isn't going to last much longer.

He shows little, to no interest in food (i feed a varied diet of blood worms, hikari micro granules, and prodac granules, as well as algae wafers and sinking wafers for bottom feeders).

Water quality is within the range they require, i never allow my NO3 to reach more than 10-15 ppm.

It is only this fish that shows the signs of internal parasites, more might have it, but i can't tell.
The feces looks fine to me, but i still want to play it safe, and treat the whole tank.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Your fish are too smal...

The way i do is to getPrazyquantel in liquid form and inject one drop in each piece of food. Then repeat once a week for a month.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Your fish are too smal...

The way i do is to getPrazyquantel in liquid form and inject one drop in each piece of food. Then repeat once a week for a month.
There is no medicine that can cure small fish for internal parasites, besides adding it in their food?

The food they eat is tiny, so not sure how that will work out.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Longshot

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
Central Texas
A few years ago I experimented on an infected guppy tank by using dog wormer (prazi only) in the water. IIRC the entire bottle of wormer was only capable of treating about 7 gallons of water. It worked so bulk water treatment is possible, just expensive.

Brad Wess

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2013
SoCal 90277
I had bloat in my oleo tank a year back, I used Prazipro, cranked the heat to 82, and took out any activated carbon, and ammonia remover. Works well, good luck, I'm sorry to hear that

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store