Help sunken belly or....

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Hello mfk friends I've been off the site for a while its a busy time. I just bought a 2" electric blue acara I've wanted one since I first heard of them. I bought from a trusted source but in haste didn't examine him to closely. Well when I got home it looked like a little sunken belly and an enlarged vent area. Me being paranoid I just want to check with you guys. He's eating like a pig just downed 4 3mm nls a bunch of smaller aqueon pellets. He is really active and not skittish or stressed it seemed. My lfs literally just got them in from his supplier so could it be just constipated and under Fed? After feeding it kinda just looked like a swollen anus to me. I did a w/c and dosed metro just incase

Here's some poor photos but hopefully you guys can tell. I couldn't find the dslr and the tank is dim so flash was needed on my phone.

So IP , constipated, or under Fed? Or do you even notice a sunken belly?

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1406574761008.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1406574773362.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1406574784114.jpg

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Well three days and no change in symptoms. :( and I was going to buy another one for reassurance and they sold out :/

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
keep up the metro . Try soaking the fish food in a small amount of Epsom salt solution. Plenty of water changes also help.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Often times before shipping to a LFS, a shipper will starve fish for 3 or 4 days in order to keep them from fouling the shipping water. Thus may account for the sunken belly, especially if you picked it up right after it arrived.

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Often times before shipping to a LFS, a shipper will starve fish for 3 or 4 days in order to keep them from fouling the shipping water. Thus may account for the sunken belly, especially if you picked it up right after it arrived.
Thank you for clearing that up!! But what would you think the swollen but would be? He eats like a pig though so hopefully he'll thicken up soon and the bum will go down

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store