Tank full of mormyrids!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Man that tank is a riot!I wasn't aware that mormyrids could be so active.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've always wanted a Cornish Jack which is what I think the biggest ones in the tank are...nice afrowana in there too.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Awesome vid! If my tank did not have a black back, I would have done the same. Very very nice, I love it

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
I have 6 normal Elephantnose fish together... they are very active when they think you are going to feed them, and when healthy are FAT. I have never seen anyone keep all those kinds together though. I should try adding to my collection! I think the main thing with a tank like that would be having a big enough tank to quarantine them before adding, because it seems like a lot come in with parasites, much like loaches, and because it takes awhile to get them eating well enough to compete with other fish. I lost three from parasites (had 9 EN originally) and haven't decided if I want to add to my remaining group or not. I also really want to find out if Levamisole is safe for EN, since I still have a couple who are too skinny.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Make sure to let us know if you do! I just have a mormyrus kannume and it's a complete ass to my other fish but after seeing that vid, it's made me wanna try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Well I do know that in nature Peter's ENs (my species) live in schools, where as some of the others do not, if I remember correctly. I'd imagine that influences how well they play with others. But, on the other hand, much like nippy tetras, loaches, etc., sometimes having some of their own kind is all fish need to leave others alone...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store