My new goal in fishkeeping!!!

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
My new goal in this hobby is to keep the fish I have now until they are full grown. It seems like I always trade my fish in before I can even get to enjoy them so hopefully this new goal will help with that. Now I just have to find ways not to get bored with my current fish.

1 Red Devil, 1 Jack Dempsey and1 Green Terror

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Hey right there with ya. I sold off a bunch of fish and am keeping an under-stocked tank. I figure there is always something new and cool out there and I always want it. My new goal is to see how nice I can grow the specimens I have. I am getting surprised often with growth and colors. I am finding there is sense of contentment knowing that I am not looking for the next new fish.

You have some fish that will look fantastic as adults. keep at it.

bhfautsch

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2013
Iowa
I like your goal. I am kind of in the same place with my fish. Trying to be satisfied with what I have and not trading or looking for more. The only problem is my jack dempsey. I have been fighting the urge to trade him for a while now. He is a beautiful fish that I've had for like a hear and a half now. But he is so shy and afraid of me most of the time. Sometime I get frustrated and think "why am I donating 50 gallons of tank space to this guy? Then when he does come out and I see his colors I think I can't trade him in. Maybe I'll set the same goal as you!

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
I admire this goal and have adhered to it myself for the most part. Trying to focus on making my current stock into great specimens as opposed to getting bored with them and trading them in. New project I have is raising my male con into a nice bull

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Yeah I cant wait to see what stunning adults my fish turn out to be. I just want to enjoy them for their individual personalities And I want to be able to provide them with a long and healthy life. That is something alot of fish dont get a chance to have.

1 Red Devil, 1 Jack Dempsey and1 Green Terror

BHARDON24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2013
Nj
Go for it man! Ive had the same fish for five years almost, and i never get bored of him! He is a red headed severum. Great color and personality on him, as well as your fish too! I personally love the GT when they grow up. All that orange on the fins, amazing!

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
you should start a grow out thread and post pics that way you look back it every few months.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
That's a great idea! Imma start it tonight !

***125 GALLON: 1 Red Devil, 1 Jack Dempsey and 1 Green Terror.
60 GALLON: 1 Vieja Syn and 1 Flowerhorn.***

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's great and interesting that you guys are on board with this goal.I thought that it was one of the main goals of fishkeeping all along.It has been with me anyhow.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Not for me. My ADD kicks in then I am looking for a whole new stock for both of my tanks. I started to consider how the fish feel to be pulled out of their homes and taken to a pet store :'( I feel so bad for all of those poor fish I traded in. Never again

***125 GALLON: 1 Red Devil, 1 Jack Dempsey and 1 Green Terror.
60 GALLON: 1 Vieja Syn and 1 Flowerhorn.***

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store