New to dats. Need ID

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I just picked this little guy up from the pet store. I'm new to dats but have done lots of reading and research so I (kinda) know what I'm getting into. This guy was just labelled at the fish store as tiger datnoid but the guy had no idea which specific one it was. He will stay in my 35g growout until he hits around 4" then I will move him to a 75. I was told he's already on pellets so fingers crossed on that one.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It'd be great if he is eating pellets and hopefully it will show its pattern once it settles down.

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I had a hunch it was an indo. But being new I wasn't sure. He seemed pretty stressed out at the pet store. He was in a tank with like 40 baby Senegals that were constantly bumping into him. Hopefully he feels more at home in the 35. He has 2 tankmates ATM. An Ansorgii and an endli Bichir both are pretty small. Like 3" and he's around 2"

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Only been in the tank a couple hours and his bars are starting to show a lot more. This is one of the few fish I have that my girlfriend actually likes. I think it's his lost puppy looking eyes that does it. She thinks he's just adorable.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
Only been in the tank a couple hours and his bars are starting to show a lot more. This is one of the few fish I have that my girlfriend actually likes. I think it's his lost puppy looking eyes that does it. She thinks he's just adorable.
Lol my wife was the same way with mine so now we have 5.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store