new to acrylic DIY a few questions

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
so i have a nice new acrylic sheet (6'x4') that 5/6mm thick sat around brand new and not used. so thinking it would make a nice long thin fry tank i was thinking may be 5x1x1.5.

this would be just to house excess fry to keep and grow on for feeding, i also have some 2mm acrylic that i plan on making some partitions two permanent at 1ft intervals giving me 2x 1x1x1.5 for my live food so i can expand on them adding two new tanks and 1x 3x1x1.5 for fry to sit in waiting to going in to the other tanks off to shops. at the moment my convict breed in the grow on and keep a steady supply of live in there for the little dovii and guppys in another, so the only fry i keep and grow out for shops is my JD, but i wont some where i can cull and hold for feeding when i start to get to many floating around

My Question is will 6mm (think its 6mm) do the job?? or will it be to flexible?? i could do the two permanent partitions at opposite ends will that work better?? or should i just buy glass and use the acrylic to make partitions with??

other question am i better cutting with a jig saw or buy a fine blade and use my circular saw??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store