Catfish help!

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Guys I need your help, I wanted to ask you guys something. I want to ask you that can a red tail catfish, tiger shovelnose or chocolate frog mouth catfish live on pellets sinking ones that is while they r baby's. I'm talking about Hikari sinking Cichlid gold or something like that. And yeah one more thing. I have the same question for a fire eel.does the fire eel eat pellets?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Don't know about the RTC or TSN but I'm almost positive anything in the Chaca genus isn't going to eat dry foods.

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
QUOTE=fibbingbear;6956822]Rtc will eat anything that fits in its mouth[/QUOTE]
r u guys sure? I wanna buy one of these guys, but I don't know what they will eat, I had these baby red tails I used to feed them chicken liver but I don't want to give them liver, I want to feed them pellets or something. No more liver

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
My RTC took Massivore when he was barely 4" long... He also ate anything else that would fit into his mouth, so I wouldn't worry about him. Never had a TSN, but I've read that they are similarly inclined to eat just about anything in front of them. The Chaca cat may be trickier. I was considering picking one up a while back, but head they could be tricky to feed.

In regards to the fire eel, I think it's going to be difficult to get him on pellets. When mine was young I used to feed him bloodworms and brineshrimp. Now that he's bigger, he goes after shrimp and tilapia like everyone else. He still need smaller pieces though.

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
My RTC took Massivore when he was barely 4" long... He also ate anything else that would fit into his mouth, so I wouldn't worry about him. Never had a TSN, but I've read that they are similarly inclined to eat just about anything in front of them. The Chaca cat may be trickier. I was considering picking one up a while back, but head they could be tricky to feed.

In regards to the fire eel, I think it's going to be difficult to get him on pellets. When mine was young I used to feed him bloodworms and brineshrimp. Now that he's bigger, he goes after shrimp and tilapia like everyone else. He still need smaller pieces though.
thanks man. I hope Hikari sinking Cichlid gold will work for the rtc?

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
We'll guys these are my stocking ideas for my 7 foot aquarium, 3 or 2 blue line sharks. Three to four normal paroon sharks baby's, one Pleco, two oscars, three blood parrots,one rtc , one shovelnose, and one cha cha aka chocolate frogmouth. I know it's over stocked but I'll sell them when I think the fish are getting disturbed Ill sell them, I have two big canister filters along with two giant sponge filters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store