please help id my pleco

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
The teeth and rusty eyes color suggest it a L190. L90/papa pleco has much smaller eyes. Dnt know why the colors faded but there member on here that had their royal fade to a light cream color.

GEV83

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
LA County, California
Mine was like golden when I bought it then turned like yours but regained it's normal coloration more and more the longer I had it. Not sure why it was like that. Some suggest it's due to stress which causes it to flush out it's colors and making it just a solid color. Some stay like that for months others like mine only a few weeks.

Rotary it's not a Panaque schaeferi? Look's allot like a Papa Panaque but I know there eyes are really small but it's similar counterpart P. schaeferi has normal sized eyes when compared to other Panaque's.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Mine was like golden when I bought it then turned like yours but regained it's normal coloration more and more the longer I had it. Not sure why it was like that. Some suggest it's due to stress which causes it to flush out it's colors and making it just a solid color. Some stay like that for months others like mine only a few weeks.

Rotary it's not a Panaque schaeferi? Look's allot like a Papa Panaque but I know there eyes are really small but it's similar counterpart P. schaeferi has normal sized eyes when compared to other Panaque's.
It could be Lda 65, need better pics to confirm.

qieter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2010
LPG
I'll try to post more close up pictures...I couldn't remember exactly when it starts to change color.

qieter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2010
LPG

Can you post pictures of yours right now? And if you have pictures of when it's flushed out? Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store