By what age or size the scales cross in a xb

aakash

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
India
Hi all,
I have searched and found many treads surfing the net on crossing of scales in a xb. But, not found single stating the age at which the scales cross usually, and what is the highest age up-to which one should wait for the scales to cross.
One more thing, my xb has got full perlies, but only 3 back last scales have crossed, that too not fully only partially.
But 5th level shows full shine. 6th level only last 3 scales partially.
Size is 6-7 inches.
Kindly, help me here. the seller says if the scales does not cross, he will take back the fish, and provide me a new one. But, again i don't want to do so, as i'm little attached to this fish.
You all have seen my 24k golden xb.have uploaed video and pics too.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
The truth is a very high percentage of xb never cross as adults

A lot have very high shine levels when first purchase but most if not all gold Arowana are raised in a white tank to raise shine levels to boost the price

A lot of people but nearly fully crossed xb at 7" but when that fish is place in a normal tank environment with normal tank lights the shine level drops

You get what you pay for with aro if you pay cheap money for a xb when I say cheap I mean less than $1200 then don't get your hopes up that you will end up with a fully crossed xback

The thing is a lot of people end up disappointed after keeping a xb for say 3-4 years and normally end up selling it and buying another one hoping the next one they buy will cross and they was just unlucky this time this isn't the case

Don't fall into the same trap I did with buying aro after aro hoping the next one will be better

Just buy one you like and stick with it as they still look great at a large size crossed or not

Don't chase the dragon unless you want to pay $3000+

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
I have a 24k gold xb.
The 5 th level is only barely shining. Top 6 th level is still all dark.
I have no tanning lights and no white tank treatment.

I doubt mine will ever x over. I will be happy if the 5th level gets fully shined.

But it's my first ever aro ...which I got for good price.. and enjoy keeping it. Nice shape and love the way it cruises the tank

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I have a 24k gold xb.
The 5 th level is only barely shining. Top 6 th level is still all dark.
I have no tanning lights and no white tank treatment.

I doubt mine will ever x over. I will be happy if the 5th level gets fully shined.

But it's my first ever aro ...which I got for good price.. and enjoy keeping it. Nice shape and love the way it cruises the tank

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
You never tan and gold aro or the shine level will drop even lower

Tanning is for red aro only

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store