datnoid internal cloudy eye

godfreylang

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philippines
guys I was wondering if there is still a cure for my dat's cloudy eye ... it is only one eye that is cloudy ... water parameters are all ok and the other 2 it datnoids and xback in the tank are all fine ...
I have put him in the quarantine tank and have used melafix for 7 days already with no improvement on the eye ... I did a water change yesterday and continuing the melafix treatment ... I would like to know what you guys think ... does it still have a chance to heal or is this permanent already ? I am thinking of putting him back to the main tank already as he lost his appetite when I transferred him to the hospital tank ... is there anything else I can do to help him recuperate ? tks a lot :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sorry but I don't know what to tell you that you haven't already done.I'm curious how it got that way since you said that your params are fine.If we don't know how it got that way then we can't prevent it from happening to the other eye...Hopefully others will chime in with advice.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
I think it's blind forever!

This is what I think of how datnoids getting those white eye balls. It's either from those full blast high intensity lighting (for arowana), it's like looking into the sun.

Or it could be ameba gone into the eye lid and ate the eye socket out, so it turned white. (I think the fluid between the eye ball and the outer lid has idea condition for ameba to thrive in)

godfreylang

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philippines
many thanks for the input krichardson ... the other eye seems to be unaffected .... another question if you dont mind, should i continue with the melafix treatment ? it has been 9 days of continuous melafix treatment ....

godfreylang

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philippines
ok fishes ... i only use normal fluorescent lighting 40 watt for my tank ...will try the melafix treatment for a few more days or hear out other people's comments/advice here for a few more days before leaving the dat alone with his cloudy eye ... tks !

godfreylang

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philippines
Ok tks fun wow .. After reading thru your advice as well as fishes' i think its about time to just let it be and be careful of things that could affect datnoids .. Will be putting him back now in the main tank together with my other dats as he is not feeding well in the quarantin tank .. Tks for the inputs guys appreciate it ...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store