iPhone repairs.

TankDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Third rock from the sun
I was told by Apple that I need to send my phone in for repairs, they asked me to turn off the "find my iPhone app" and then also asked for my credit card. These in combination put up some red flags for me. Anybody that has gone through this know if this is how the process works?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Do you have AppleCare? Usually you can just take it into an apple store and they'll just replace it for you instead of going through the hassle of repairing it.

TankDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Third rock from the sun
Do you have AppleCare? Usually you can just take it into an apple store and they'll just replace it for you instead of going through the hassle of repairing it.

I do not... I upgraded to this phone for one cent so I didn't really consider it. I just was wondering if it was normal for them to ask for a credit card upon sending the phone in.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I haven't personally been through that cuz I usually go straight to the apple or verizon store but I've never heard of that before. Hopefully someone else will chime in

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
No, it's no normal. They generally tell you to go to the store first.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What kind of repairs do you need done?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm not sure about that situation but there are little repair shop kiosks at some of the malls here.There is also one if those prepay phone shops around here that do repairs.They claim to repair or replace broken IPhone screens and I have been meaning to take my son's spider webbed phone to see what they can do.Maybe you can find such places in your area.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store