Diagnose my female texas

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
She has been bloated for weeks now she has in the past spawned three times and has regular skinny feces I've tried fasting her and putting her on peas but nothing seems to be working if anyone knows anything that would help I would greatly appreciate it
uploadfromtaptalk1406850085241.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1406850108987.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1406850137046.jpg

Sent from my SM-T210R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
Trying a different type of exlax epsom salt

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I would add 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of Epsom salt and treat for parasites immediately .

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Please post water parameters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, Ph.

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
Alright cool from what I was reading on it someone said was one teaspoon per 5 gallons makes since now I removed the others from the other two sides of the divided tank and upped it to that earlier today and saw an improvement with in hrs with her bowel movements should I lower the temp too she in a divided grow outtank setting at 84 degrees or so idk where I would have got parasites from the last fish I bought was months ago

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
Just about zeroed out not lying with about a 7.7ph
uploadfromtaptalk1407127774883.jpg

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
parasites can be obtained from just about anywhere. Live food is the worst . Stress can be another factor. There is a good sticky on how to rid all of your fish of parasites. If your texas begins to eat it would be a good idea to soak pellets in Epsom salt solution and feed them those for 10 days . That will help get rid of gut problems . If you want to go the medication route metro is a good medication, but on the safe side I would soak the food and feed all of the fish it so no other issues pop up. Aquanero knows a lot more on diseases and such but from my experience Epsom salt in the treatment tank will pull out the swelling.

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
parasites can be obtained from just about anywhere. Live food is the worst . Stress can be another factor. There is a good sticky on how to rid all of your fish of parasites. If your texas begins to eat it would be a good idea to soak pellets in Epsom salt solution and feed them those for 10 days . That will help get rid of gut problems . If you want to go the medication route metro is a good medication, but on the safe side I would soak the food and feed all of the fish it so no other issues pop up. Aquanero knows a lot more on diseases and such but from my experience Epsom salt in the treatment tank will pull out the swelling.
Thanks for the info and yeah she never stopped eating so ill try it

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
Well everything I try only seems to complicate things more and she looks like a texas cichlid with a thyroid problem now

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store