how fast can i add fish?

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
if you read my other posts my 135 gallon take busted. I bought a 135 acrylic tank to replace it and it was bowing. finally picked up a 125 glass tank and its full of water and sand and I want to add fish. when my tank busted I took the TWO fluval 405 filters and placed them in other tanks I have. along with the drift wood and plants. so I will be putting back both 405 filters and driftwood pieces will I be ready to go right away??? or should I wait ? if so how long?

maxumum2

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2011
kenosha WI
It depends on how many fish were talking about. I have started tanks and pit fish in same day doing what u described. So I don't see that much of a problem

Sent from my SPH-L720T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

maxumum2

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2011
kenosha WI
I would give it a shot I would think just keep an eye On the water parameters

Sent from my SPH-L720T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Wizzah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2013
Australia
as long as parameters are in check, but if it was me i'd add fish in portions, add 2-3 tomorrow then the rest a few days later, adding so much bio load COULD crash the tank, just my opinion, Goodluck!

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
The problem isn't adding the fish...it's feeding the fish. Fish don't make ammonia without food.

One of two things: 1) you have plenty of BB or 2) you don't. Since fish can live without food a lot longer than they can live with ammonia or nitrites, it's easy to fix.

You can estimate if you have enough BB by putting the correct amount of ammonia in the tank and testing the water.

I'd do that, (or if you have already put the fish in the tank), I'd feed a tiny fraction of the normal amount of food, check parameters and see how it goes. If nitrites and ammonia are zero, I'd up the food some. Rinse and repeat. If you see nitrites or ammonia, then it's a whole new ball game.

Basically, that's my rule whenever I think something might have disturbed the BB population.

vr6fan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2010
Waukesha, WI
Add some tetra safe start to make up for the bb that might be lacking...I've used it many times the stuff works great

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
If you had the two filters running on the other tanks, then the BB is still alive. I would put all fish in right away - think of it as doing a 100% water change. Monitor your water closely & maybe step up your WCs for a week or two and you'll be fine.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
If you had the two filters running on the other tanks, then the BB is still alive. I would put all fish in right away - think of it as doing a 100% water change. Monitor your water closely & maybe step up your WCs for a week or two and you'll be fine.
X2, don't see why this wouldn't work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store