Arowana acting strang.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Today I noticed my Arowana brushing his face against the glass over and over again and he keeps opening his mouth super wide like 5 times a minute. He's acting like he's trying to swim through the glass. He just wont stop is why I'm getting concerned, its not his normal behavior and his appetite is crapy today hes normally a black hole with food but today hes not as jumpy to eat. Is he ok or am I just paranoid?

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Did you do a large water change recently?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kiwichew

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2014
Singapore
Today I noticed my Arowana brushing his face against the glass over and over again and he keeps opening his mouth super wide like 5 times a minute. He's acting like he's trying to swim through the glass. He just wont stop is why I'm getting concerned, its not his normal behavior and his appetite is crapy today hes normally a black hole with food but today hes not as jumpy to eat. Is he ok or am I just paranoid?
A video of this behavior would be helpful :D

aakash

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
India
Some times when in case of ich infection. they do so, trying to get rid of the parasite which might be causing the ich.
I suggest add some salt to the tank and water change 20% every 3 days.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Yes I just did a 50% water change 2 days ago. If it was ich would he have white specs on him?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store