Build and running cost sheet.

waynes world

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
North Manchester UK
Hi all, not been about for a long time due to all sorts going off. I had to put all the tank builds i wanted on hold, one due to the floor not strong enough and to costly to make good, one i found that the footing on the house were sort of missing so i couldnt build one there either due to the weight of the tank, not worth the risk of 3.5 ton of water being spilt on the kitchen floor lol.
All that is good in a way as now as things have changed i have found a more suitable place to build my tank on my dreams, and its going to be a bit bigger if all these go to plan. they better had this time.
This tank will be in the extension on the side of the house, now a conservatory but i will be reroofing it and building the tank out direct sunlight etc etc, in the corner. it will be awsome anyway:)
So this time as it a bigger tank i want to work out the cost of running it before i jump in to far.
So the plan, tank will be around 1000g or 4500l ( UK specs ) of a L shape each leg 6 foot and 4 foot front to back with a depth of 2.5 foot. Now a si will be keeping an Aro, Peacock Bass and large Plec`s and catfish i am thinking on a WT of around 8x so 2 pumps of 18000l, 4 heaters of 300watt, not sure on lighting just yet and which to go for but i hope to get a nice Red Tail Golden aro, so a good type of lighting would be good, also be good for the peacock bass, just love the colours on them,. Help/advice on that would be good please.
Also what good pumps are about, i see loads nowadays, butt here are so many and prices i am stuck with a good one to go for, so what are ypou guys using an dwhat do you think of them.

Once i have all the info i can work out the weekly running cost of the tank, you see if its to costly to run the 1000g tank then i will reduce it if that makes a whole lot of difference, but cant it as i dont want one less than 750g really.

thank s

wayne

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store