Silver Arowana Growth and Color

Pipe layer

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2013
North jersey
Picked up this guy earlier this year because he was absolutely stunning at about 5". Here he is in the original 75:

IMG_0278.JPG

Just moved him into the 90 gallon at about 7-8" and his colors are way more pronounced, most likely due to the black background. Here he is as of now:

2014-07-31 18.16.01.jpg

Very excited for him to keep growing. Have a couple larger tanks for him as he continues to get bigger. Still have not seen a silver with quite so much red. I thought this was going to fade as he got bigger but at this point it has only gotten more colorful.

IMG_0278.JPG

2014-07-31 18.16.01.jpg

Pipe layer

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2013
North jersey
Diet consists of mostly freeze dried krill and the Hikari floating stix. I think the krill has really helped with his color.

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
very beautiful fish never seen a silver arowana as good looking like that

Pipe layer

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2013
North jersey
Time for an update. This guy is getting some tank mates soon so the 90 gallon tank is being scaped a bit.

IMG_0515.JPG
Here is the tank so far, going for minimalist.
IMG_0516.JPG
Here is the aro as of a couple days ago. Looking to be between 9-10". He had a major spill to the floor when I was adding sand and wood (should have measured him then!) but is recovering nicely. Also had some issue with the silver dollars in there. They seemed to be nipping at him. Lost his whiskers, which are now slowly growing back, and his tail was frayed. They have since been moved.

In a few more months i think he will be outgrowing the tank so he will be moved into the 180.

Adding in some Geos this weekend. Starting the process of converting the tank for when we move the aro.

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store