Stocking ideas for 500gallon?

Wizzah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2013
Australia
This is gonna be my first monster tank, i have no idea what i wanna stock it with apart from a silver arowana, dimensions are: 10ftx3ftx2.5ft high, i'm in Australia so stocking options are hard, i wan't nothing that's gonna out grow this tank, i have no plans for a pond, hope to hear some cool suggestions, Thanks!

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
You're in Australia, first thing I can think of that won't out grow that tank is a group of Leichardti arowana.

Wizzah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2013
Australia
You're in Australia, first thing I can think of that won't out grow that tank is a group of Leichardti arowana.
I'm getting my hands on a Silver, i can get what's classed as exotics at a big price, don't be scared to give real answers, i may or may not be able to get them, but the input is nice. :)

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
I'm getting my hands on a Silver, i can get what's classed as exotics at a big price, don't be scared to give real answers, i may or may not be able to get them, but the input is nice. :)
If that's the case, try these...

IMG_0988.JPG

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Few species in there, any fish in particular? not a fan of turtles in tanks, just my opinion.
Beside the turtles, there are only 2 species of fish in that picture? Stock your tank with both...

Wizzah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2013
Australia
Big tank? Australia? Forget the aro... http://youtu.be/p6eaNjidy90

Ive always wanted one and its near the top of fish I want to keep someday. Id imagine they are a bit less rare over there

Not hard to get, from what I have researched on these guys is they need a 4 foot width tank, as I said I ain't upgrading lol.
Sent from my GT-I9305T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store