Anyone usd a pond filter system?

waynes world

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
North Manchester UK
I have been looking at filter systems for big tanks around the 1000g mark, no wi used to be into Koi carp, they use large filters like these

images.jpgkockney-koi-multichamber-filters.jpg

Could these be used in the aquarium, they are generally 7x2x2,5 foot in size of these type, depends on the amount of chambers.
They can be got at good prices over the uK, not sure on the rest of the world though. Have bottom drains built in in the chamber for a flush pout when needed, good chamber size so agood space for media of all types and easy access to clean. maintenance.

images.jpg

kockney-koi-multichamber-filters.jpg

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Don't see any reason why a filter like that would not work on a large aquarium. Chamber for large particles to settle. Them four chambers for filtration.

waynes world

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
North Manchester UK
Yes just like a sump as thats what it is in effect on most pond setups , thats why i ask if other folk have used them, as i thought more folk would be using them on the big tank setups, as the cost of them isnt great as you can get single chamber or double etc etc and add what you need to get your own spec. Infact this size is a perfect fit for the space i have for one which 8x4 foot print area, so the 7x2 will be spot on. and i have space for more, so good for me and save making one which will be much the same.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store