armatus vs african tiger fish

abjr

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2011
In my tank
I had both together for about 3 month my armatus won the all there fights and African tiger ended up dying from all the fights and the poor guy had a hole in the eye from the armatus fangs. Not a good combo to have together, it was an expensive lesson.

Sent from my SM-N900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

abjr

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2011
In my tank
I forgot to answer lol I think the armatus is the more hearty one from my experience.

Sent from my SM-N900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I can't keep a tigerfish alive past 14" to save my life. Armies More Hardy imo

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

turbo_boat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2012
nj
i have both and in different tanks, but i have only had them for a month so i will have to get back with you;)

and mine is Goliath there are different breeds of tiger fish

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Actually... Armatus are more hardy but they do NOT heal faster than ATF's. If you want to grow your ATF's beyond 14", you will need to 'teach' your tigerfish where the parameters of your tank are. Try pointing your powerheads right next to the front of your tank, this will create a flow that will allow your tigerfish to learn when to stop and not run into the front glass/plexi panel.

Reactions: Kilograms

TexanMFKer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2014
South Korea
Armatus. The tiger is somewhat more fragile....especialy at a ypung stage

Sent from my SHV-E300K using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
They both have their pros and cons. They both have very specialized care requirements that if not met will result in a dead fish.

Pick your poison.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Actually... Armatus are more hardy but they do NOT heal faster than ATF's. If you want to grow your ATF's beyond 14", you will need to 'teach' your tigerfish where the parameters of your tank are. Try pointing your powerheads right next to the front of your tank, this will create a flow that will allow your tigerfish to learn when to stop and not run into the front glass/plexi panel.
Thanks for the advice. If I ever get back into them I'll definitely incorporate those tactics

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store