Jardini and oscar fish tank mates

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
All depends on the temperament of the jardini , I've found that Oscars aren't generally tuff enough to take the stress caused by jars , better off with cichlids that are hardy like jaguars , Midas, flowerhorns etc they can stand a bit of stress and will stand up for themselves against an angry jar Oscars tend to roll over and give up too easy and once they start to do this its game over , IMO aggressive jardini are a bit like aggressive dogs once fear is shown they go all out for the kill its like they can sense the other fishes fear
Obviously this doesn't apply with all jardini some are kept in community tanks with no problems at all but from my experiences most become territorial at around 6/8" and want the entire tank to themselves killing or bullying anything that gets in there way

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
+1, never successfully kept anything with a Jardini, not even my Peacock Bass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've never kept the two together but I reckon if you got the ray first and it was a lot bigger say 10" disc to a 6" jardini its possible , I was planning on doing this but I lost my motoro before I got chance :banghead:(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store