please help me!

ngav3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
lowell ma
Im looking at three species for my 65 gallon aquarium, an oscar, a pair of convicts, and a musk turtle. Could I mix these three? The filter is 17x turnover rate, so its not a worry. Its a custom sump btw. But anyway, I want some other ideas as well, including these species, and others. Throw some unique ideas at me, im open to anything.
thanks

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
A Oscar need at minimum a 75 for a single fish. Not to mention a convict pair would claim most of a 65. Kept a turtle of any kind soon comment on they but as far as the cichlid portion goes over stocked. Convicts and firemouths may work but as individuals not pairs.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Brobstfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
USA
A Oscar need at minimum a 75 for a single fish. Not to mention a convict pair would claim most of a 65. Kept a turtle of any kind soon comment on they but as far as the cichlid portion goes over stocked. Convicts and firemouths may work but as individuals not pairs.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I agree, an oscar needs a tank width 18" wide imo, and in a tank that small a pair of cons would pick on the o pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Musk turtles need shallow water and an area they can get out of the water with a basking bulb which wouldn't be possible with the fish in a 65 gallon. You could have the turtles on their own or a single convict with some other small to medium sized cichlids, you could probably have the Oscar in the tank on its own (depending on the dimensions) but when it was larger you'd be doing alot of water changes to keep nitrates down.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store