Fluval fx6 or sump

Jacolby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2013
Louisiana
I have a 250 gallon and I'm debating on keeping my sump or going with 2 fx6. I work offshore, and when I'm away my wife is confused on how to add water in the sump and tank not to have water overflowing every where, also she hates the noise from the sump. So I was thinking about getting 2 fx6 to make life easier. What are yall thoufhtz

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
they arnt that quiet but work well on my heavily stocked 300g... sounds like a fridge in my lounge, two is definitely louder than one too... they do the job just fine imo... look...

[video=youtube;I8OEYByG3GA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8OEYByG3GA[/video]

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
2 and a 1200lph powerhead to stir things up, heavily stocked aswell.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've got one on my 5x2x2 works just fine also , I've got an old fluval internal filter full of k1 for a bit more flow at the other end of tank from fx outlets

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Sump would be better imo. How long are you away for? Before you go just top off the sump and it wont drop too low for the pump for a week or so depending. Adding water is super simple just set a fill line and tell the wife to fill the tank or sump until it hits that line. Nice thing is they are like autoleveling so its pretty tough to mess up. When you hear a horrid noise and see bubbles in your tank its time to top it off and you can fill a sump as much as you want without any issues (unless the power goes out then you get an overflow if sump doesnt have room)

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Also look up "coast to coast overflows" and "herbie overflow". There is no excuse for a loud sump unless you are lazy and dont care about the noise like if you have a filter room

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
i think you should go with FX6. i was always away as well because of work and i had a fire in my sump that cracked my tank.
yes, fire. the sump ran dry while i had a heater in there. it melted and cought fire.

so if you are away for a while, canister filter is the way to go

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store